Life long learning is a major part of being a medical practitioner. To aid in meeting your educational needs, ACUTE CARE, INC. has made the following education resources available.
ACUTE CARE, INC. CMEs
Created and provided by ACUTE CARE, INC. at no cost to our affiliated hospitals and physicians.
- Mandatory Reporter
- Patient Satisfaction
ProAssurance is our medical professional liability insurance carrier, and managing risk is an important part of Emergency Medicine. ProAssurance currently offers eight online seminars, with more coming. A partial listing of available courses includes:
- Global Practice Strategies: Recalculating the Risk (2 hours) [Video]
- Caring for Patients with Limited English Proficiency (1/2 hour)
- Patient Safety & Adaptive Learning Units (1 hour)
- High Reliability Teams (1 hour)
- EHRs: Wasn’t This Supposed to Be Easier? (1 hour)
- Informed Consent: A Case Study Review (1/2 hour)
- Preventing Diagnostic Errors (1 hour) [Video]
To access these courses, please first create an account on the ProAssurance Secure Portal:
- Visit the ‘Create an Account’ screen: here
- Enter your name and email, and create a password.
- Under “Additional Information,” select “Insured by a Professional Liability Policy” and enter “Acute Care” in the Practice Name field.
Please Note: ProAssurance web support must verify your account for insured-level access before coursework is available. Many accounts can be verified quickly, though it may take up to two business days.
For assistance or to expedite your account verification, please email ProAssurance Web Support: email@example.com, or call 800.282.6242 and ask for ‘Web Support.’ Thank you.
Iowa Board of Medicine Chronic Pain and End-of-Life Training
Chronic Pain Management
- The Iowa Board of Medicine is offering at no charge to Iowa-licensed physicians, a copy of Dr. Scott Fishman’s book, “Responsible Opioid Prescribing: A Physician’s Guide.” This book includes an online CME component. Click here for details
- The Iowa Medical Society is offering a webinar on chronic pain management. Unlike national CME offerings, this course contains Iowa-specific information. Click here for details
- The Medical Education Department of Purdue Pharma, L.P. is offering several online courses on chronic pain management. Click here for details
- Boston University is offering up to 4 AMA PRA Category 1 CME credits. Click here for details
- The Virtual Lecture Hall (owned/operated by the AZ Board of Regents, on behalf of the Univ of AZ) is offering several online courses on chronic pain management for AMA/PRA category 1 credit. Click here for details
- American College of Physicians (ACP) is offering a free online training program to educate clinicians about safety and efficacy when prescribing opioids. CME is available upon completion of six half-hour webcasts. Click here for details.
- The Center to Advance Palliative Care offers courses in end-of-life care. Click here for details
- Other Sources for Possible Training: Hospice and Palliative Care Association of Iowa, University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics, Local Hospice associations
- Boston University is offering up to 2 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit CME credits available FREE. Click here for details
- The Virtual Lecture Hall (owned/operated by the AZ Board of Regents, on behalf of the Univ of AZ) is offering several online courses on end-of-life care for AMA/PRA category 1 credit or AAFP prescribed credit. Click here for details